How do I know if this class is for me?
Download The Common Behavior Characteristics
What are the 12 steps?
Download The 12 steps
How long is the class?
This class will be a minimum of 40 weeks, and it requires a commitment to working the Steps, a commitment to your own inner healing as well as a commitment to your classmates. Experience, Strength and Hope is gained through sharing.
Is this an open meeting?
During the first 4 weeks, you will have on opportunity to experience the class and determine if it is right for you. You will be asked to make a commitment by the end of the 3rd meeting. This class is for those dedicated to their spiritual recovery and also to support attendees in a safe meeting space
Do I need to register?
Yes- Registration is necessary as we need to know what size on-line room to reserve.
What kind of meeting is this?
This class is a Live Virtual Weekly Class, starting at 8pm on Tuesday April 2, 2019. You will have the option to attend on-line or via phone, if you have a web camera, you can attend with or without video. After you register and before the meeting time, you will be sent the call in or log in information.
Is there a charge for this class? Do I need a workbook?
While the class is FREE, you must purchase the workbook. You can purchase the book from Amazon- The 12 Steps a Way Out– RPI Publishing. Be sure to click on the New & Used button for even more reduced prices.
We are not health professionals. We are fellow recovering friends who are leading this class in an expression of sharing our experience, strength and hope. Working the steps is a powerful healing tool. It is an emotional process and we encourage you to attend your local respective 12 step meetings. Please seek outside counsel and support if needed. We recommend finding a 12 Step Sponsor and to interact with other online recovery groups.
We ask that you:
- Recognize that your Higher Power is in charge
- Gratefully acknowledge the presence of your Higher Power in your daily life.
- Pray to your Higher Power for guidance and direction.
- Focus individual sharing on the step being worked.
- Focus sharing on individual experience strength and hope in working the steps being discussed.
- Allow equal time for everyone who wants to share- Keep your sharing time to 3-5 minutes.
- No crosstalk, advice giving or commenting on what others share.
- Be respectful to one another.
- Use “I” statements and share from your own experiences.
- Maintain confidentiality- We ask that you respect the anonymity and confidentiality of each person in the class. Who you see here, what you hear here, when you leave here, let it stay here.
- Come to each meeting prepared and with a supportive attitude.
Before each meeting, please read the designated materials and complete the written exercises. We ask that you refrain from sharing on the fly, We ask that for the time you are in the meeting that you remain present here with us, free from distractions and that you love, honor and respect yourself and others by devoting this time to deepening your relationship with your higher power and receiving spiritual and emotional healing. Ask your Higher Power for guidance while you read and complete the written exercises and a willingness to share openly and honestly in the group.